25 February 2008

D-Day

Tuesday 4th March is fast approaching.
This is the date when the Director of Social Services will withdraw all of Pete's care leaving Catrin (aged 7) and myself to look after Pete 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Obviously I can't let this happen so with a week to go they've twisted my arm into agreeing to an assessment.
I'm not optimistic that they will use a mediator to carry out the assessment as has been recommended by an Independent Panel.
I don't believe that the outcome can be anything other than a foregone conclusion.
As soon as Pete meets the Continuing Health Care Criteria he becomes the responsibility of the NHS and Social Services' budget will look better at the end of the financial year 2008.
And that's what it's all about, isn't it?

1 comment:

Eleanor Lisney said...

Siaron, we are thinking of you.